Friday 18 December 2020
7:30 pm - 9:30 pm
£13 or £10 or £6 – please pay what you can: wegottickets.com/ashburtonarts
Update 1 November: After yesterday’s government announcement, this concert will not now happen as advertised. We have reschedule sfor a date in December. Existing ticket holders for the original date will be offered a refund or the chance to move their booking to the new date.
The Invisible Opera Company of Tibet is a deepspace funk-punk psychedelic rock band infused with a hint of jazz and a twist of gnome.
Founded by legendary frontman to Gong, Daevid Allen, and guitarist Brian Abbott in 1992, the band has toured the UK with Daevid Allen and Ruz Hibbs (of the Australian Invisible Opera Company of Tibet) and appeared at many festivals over the years.
The latest studio album Songs From the Temple of Now features both Daevid Allen and the God of Hellfire himself, Arthur Brown!
Live, the band plays original material addressing the Tibetan situation, future politics, deep inner space, the nature of things and a few classic Gong and Daevid Allen favorites. Sonic transmisions from Radio Gnome guarantees a heart opening, mind expanding and a vibey uplifting experience!
If you would like to watch this live streamed on Zoom or YouTube, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the links.
- Seating: if you’re coming with others and want to sit together an a ‘bubble’, please book tickets under the same name, or email email@example.com to let us know which bookings should be seated together. Groups of more than 2 may be assigned reserved seating – please check.
- The audience will be limited, and seats arranged in a socially-distanced way, 1m – 2m between bubbles.
- The hall will be well-ventilated (doors and windows open), so while there will also be some heating, please dress warmly.
- Face masks should be worn when inside the building, except when eating or drinking.
- There will be at-seat service from the bar.
- At the interval, please remain seated.
- If you use the loos at the Arts Centre, please be aware that they have limited ventilation.
- Soap and water, and hand sanitser are provided: please use them.